Saturday, August 29, 2009

Shattered
EPILOGUE:

Kyouya stood there, anxious as ever as he waited for the intercom to announce that the jetline for Milan had landed and is already unloading passengers. Len and Fuyumi sat on the bench beside where Kyouya stood. Haruhi and Tamaki, who were both holding each other's hands, gave him a reassuring smile. Kaoru was bored, however, as he followed the five-year-old Touya around the whole airport lobby.

When the gates opened, Kyouya let out a long sigh and smiled.

There was Amaya, side by side with Hikaru, who waved at the crowd that waited for their arrival. Amaya smiled back at him, and gave a small wave. Before Kyouya could return it, the rest of his comapnions abandoned him to mug the two and he stood there, quite stunned when Amaya's head disappeared almost entirely. He chuckled amusedly and turned to his heel, finally deciding to settle on one of the benches while waiting for them to finish with the usual tradition of the welcoming crew.

It has been almost three years when Amaya decided to fly to Milan with Hikaru to study design, despite his request for her to stay. After that night, everything quite went back to normal and Kyouya was glad Amaya had accepted him again. She had given him another chance and he was happy.

And now that she's back, he's definitely going to make things work out.

"You really did wait for me?"

It was Amaya's voice that made Kyouya smile. "Hm. It took you three years."

"Well, sorry then. I thought you said you'd be patient?"

"But I told you not to make me wait for so long."

Amaya pouted and continued as she leaned in. "What shall I do then, to make it up to you?"

He looked at her, his eyes intense and gravely serious. "Then marry me."

"OH MY GOD!" It was Fuyumi.

"What?!"

"He proposed!"

"What kind of proposal is that?!"

Amaya crouched there in silence, her mouth hanging slightly open as she stared at him, dumbfounded.

"I didn't popose to you properly on our first marriage that's why I'm doing it right now."

Silence.

With a smirk, Kyouya spoke. "I'll take that as a yes then."

Reaching from his pocket, he retrieved a royal blue, velvet box and he propped it open. Amaya's previous engagement ring innocently sat there. She never knew it but it was Kyouya who actually picked for her engagement ring (even though, resentfully). He pulled the ring out and slipped it on her left finger.

"Kyouya!"

"She didn't even say yes!"

"Sly."

He merely chuckled as Amaya snapped back from her trance and directed him a murderous look. "I didn't even say yes."

"You will, eventually. I'm sure of it."

Amaya even supressed a smile.

It definitely is going to work out.

---

OMAKE:

(On the hotel suite; honeymoon)

"Wanna watch 'Dead Silence' this time?" Amaya asked while holding a DVD up for him to see. Kyouya groaned in disbelief. She still wore that stupid wedding dress.

"Hey! Don't call it stupid! I designed it myself that's why I want to wear it all night."

Great. So now, she had just gotten some mind-reading powers? Just great. And she wants to watch another horror, for goodness sake.

"Amaya," he spoke while tapping the empty space on the bed beside him. "Come here. We're going to make love all night."

"Yuck. Pervert." Nonetheless, she sat down beside him and gave up on the horror film.

"I'm a--pervert? I'm your husband."

"But shouldn't we be doing such things if we want babies?"

"How many babies do you want? Twenty-one's a good number, don't you think?"

Mouth hangs open. "Twenty-one? Are you kidding me?"

"Do I look like I'm joking? I can carry that on. Besides, don't you want twenty-one black-haired kids with you matching green eyes? Father would be thrilled."

"That's it! You're on the floor tonight!"

---

END.

No comments:

Post a Comment